Thursday 5 January 2012

First midwife appointment

Well, here I am at 8 weeks and 3 days. I had my first midwife appointment today and when she said on the phone that it wouldn't be straight forward, she wasn't lying. My appointment was scheduled for 12 and I finally got out of her office at 2.45! Boy, that woman could talk but we had a laugh. She said that I'm a very interesting person ( due to my five live deliveries, one stillbirth and four miscarriages. That was before we even spoke about the surrogacy journey that I have now embarked upon. I have bloodwork booked for next Friday, the 13th of all days.
The nausea seemed a little better today but it did leave me with a headache in it's place!!!! I shouldn't complain though, I feel very honoured to be in the position that I'm in right now, surrogacy is something that I have wanted to do for about 10 years now, the timing just wasn't right before. My IP's have been waiting for 30 years to become parents and I feel very privileged that they trusted me enough to carry their child for them.
Well, off to get my little one ready for bed and change the nappy that is wafting from her direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment